Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ambitious Water Item


Update:  Mesh improved, Animation improved, Three new recolors

Just redownload and replace the old one. You need the mesh to see the recolors 



So I'm one of those who suffers from flat, clear blue water in my Sims 2 game. I've tried everything out there (Moi's package, Astaroth600's package, etc) but apparently my laptop's shader is crappy so I can't have that nice reflective deep, multi-toned water the gamer computer owners have....... I SAID BULLOCKS to that and made an object to give me those things :)
I made it using Maxis diving board for the pool.
It can be found in buymode->Decorative->Miscellaneous  for 0$
it's 568 polys. So far it needs to be by the pool like normal for the sim to swim. I used "moveobjects on" to place it like it is in the video. I need some adventurous people to test it out. The object shows and animates in Neighborhood view which is bad now that it's not full size. *that lot is 1x3 the object is around 3x3*
No one has showed or told me how. I'm unsure if anyone knows but I asked here at Mod The Sims, Until it's the correct size, i say it still in beta but if you're brave or just curious you can try it out now
I'll will update the file when it's edited, and update you guys when I do this is the latest version
The best part, as you saw in the video both the boulder and the water are recolorable


Credit:
SimPE, Milkshape, Photoshop, EA/Maxis  The nice tropical trees in the video are Sims 2 castaway conversions by Havlock at MoreAwesomeThanYou info here Also thank you Pixelhate for your awesome tutorials "Exploring txmt", without them this would not have been possible

No comments:

Post a Comment